Stanley Services Limited (SSL) owns and operates Falkland Islands Holidays and is dedicated to protecting its customer’s privacy and their personal information. This privacy statement explains the processes around what data we collect about you, how it is obtained, what it will be used for and who will access it.
SSL is committed to ensuring that all personal information is processed in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) throughout the information lifecycle.
This privacy statement applies to the information held about you that can be used to identify you as an individual, known as personal information. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, your name, addresses, telephone number, email address, credit card or other billing information. By providing personal information to SSL, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms of this privacy statement and the subsequent processing of your personal information in accordance with this statement.
What Personal Information is being collected and why?
When booking a room reservation or a meal, we will ask for the following:
- FIH website and Social media
- Via Email and online enquiry forms
- By filling in any printed form we provide you with
- A phone call made to one of FIH representatives
- In person at the Falkland Islands Holidays Office
- Via a travel or booking agent
How we use your information
Your personal information will only be used for the specific purpose that the information was collected for, if your information is to be used for any other purpose other than what it was originally intended then SSL will always gain explicit consent from its customers beforehand. Your personal information will only be kept for the period that it is required, once that time has elapsed your information will be securely deleted/disposed of.
We use information collected for the following, but not limited to purposes:
- To make your tours, transfers, room and meal reservations
- Assist in the transaction to secure your travel arrangements
- To administer and manage your travel arrangements
- To confirm and verify your identity for fraud prevention
- To provide customer service in relation to your holiday or to respond to an enquiry made
- To bill and collect any amounts owed in connection with your holiday
- If opted in, to provide you with marketing offers from FIH
- If opted in, to help FIH improve its products or services by completing customer feedback on the service received from FIH
- To protect the rights and property of FIH
Control of your Personal Information
Sharing information with service providers
Disclosure of information to third parties
SSL will only share your information for the purpose of the transaction or process to take place that the information was provided for, i.e. to carry out your holiday arrangements. We must pass your information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as Falkland Islands Government Air service (FIGAS), accommodation providers, transport companies, personal travel guides etc.
SSL will not pass any information onto any person not responsible for part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary/religious requirements. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, we cannot provide you with your booking. In making a booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.
SSL will never sell your personal data to third parties and we do not disclose your information to any third parties or bodies with which we are not associated unless we have your permission to do so or are required to do so by law.
SSL may use other companies as our service providers to act on our behalf and assist us in the conducting of our business or performing services for us under our instruction i.e. hosting a website or database. Any third party that has access to personal information will maintain appropriate security standards in line with that of SSL to protect your personal data and use the personal data we provide to them only for the purposes we specify and that you have consented to.
Sharing this information for protective or legal uses
We may share your personal information for legal reasons as we believe necessary or appropriate, including:
- When legally required to or in response to a legal process
- For the detection or prevention of a serious crime
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence
- To process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including claims or demands for bodily injury or property damage
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- To recover our property, equipment or any monies due
- To enforce the terms of the reservation agreement
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our subsidiaries, you or others; and
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
Your information – Your choice
Customers can request copies of the personal information held about them at any time and to advise us of any amendments to keep the information up to date. We have strict procedures for storing and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorised access. Therefore, we will ask for proof of identity before we disclose any information to you. Please address requests to: Stanley Services Limited
Po Box 590
Or – email@example.com
Customers can withdraw their consent at any time to stop SSL from processing or accessing their information in line with Article 7 of the General Data Protection Regulations – exemptions to certain information apply.
Please contact the above address if you wish to withdraw your consent.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business.
This privacy statement will be maintained and updated to reflect any changes in SSL processes or any changes to legislation or law that might impact how we manage your personal information. We encourage all users to regularly review this statement to ensure they are always fully aware of how SSL manages and protects their personal information.
Applicable Law and Disputes
Falkland Islands Holidays is a brand name, which are fully owned and operated by Stanley Services Limited.
Stanley Services is a Falkland Islands registered company 8257 and are governed by Falkland Islands Law. This policy is subject to the law of the Falkland Islands, and you must bring any claims against us (non) exclusively in the courts of the Falkland Islands.
By using our website, social media pages, entering a competition or providing your information you consent to our collection and use of information you provide in the way(s) set out in our policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use our sites, social media pages or services.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Sites. Non-personal identification information may include, location, the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Stanley Services Limited may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience – We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Sites.
- To improve our Sites – We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments – We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Sites.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Sites or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Sites that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Sites. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Sites, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using these Sites, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Sites. Your continued use of the Sites following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Po Box 590
Or – firstname.lastname@example.org